Friday 29 October 2010

Super Slimmer Jill Lost 100 Pounds!

I found Jill's story while browsing the web, and she was kind enough to answer my interview questions so that I could share her story with you here! She is a diabetes advocate and the topic is dear to my heart because my dad has diabetes.

Jills Before and After Photos


Name: Jill Knapp

Age: 43

Starting weight & ending weight: I started at 237 lbs. (16 stone 13 lbs) and now weigh 137 lbs. (9 stone 11 lbs.)

Amount of weight lost: 100 pounds

Time it took to reach: 2 years

Time maintaining it: 1 year 6 mo.

Goal weight: I am at it.

About yourself (i.e. age, occupation, number of children, married or single, hobbies, interests, anything else): I have been married for 16 years to my very supportive husband, and I have 3 wonderful kids.

How did you go about losing the weight? Was there any specific plan? I created my own. I did study up on what I should be eating. I eat 6 small meals a day. I buy my produce from Idaho farms. It tastes so much better.

What motivated you to lose the weight? What were your reasons for wanting to lose it? Unfortunately the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. I wanted to lose the weight to be a healthier person. I really want to watch all of my kids grow up and see my grandkids.

Did you have a particular moment that gave you the final push to start or was it more gradual? Right at the Doctor's office, after being diagnosed, I knew I needed to change my lifestyle. I was depressed for about 24 hours, and then I started the foot work for a very big change.

What struggles and problems did you endure while at your heaviest weight? What, if any, health problems were present? I felt tired when I was overweight. I did not have the energy to keep up with my kids. I lost my self in motherhood and lost my identity.

How has your life changed since losing the weight? How have you changed? Do you feel like your overall health has improved? I have changed. I am healthy and happy. I have found a passion to share my story to help others. I have become a diabetes advocate. I also am a motivational speaker and I've educated myself in speaking to the youth. I love speaking to our kids and youth about healthy eating and getting lots of exercise. I have been so blessed to have so many doors open up for me to share my journey with others and inspire others. I hope for change.

Have the people in your life been supportive of you on your weight loss journey? Have there been any challenges created by others in your life? My family is very supportive, bioth while I was losing the weight and now while I am out in the public spreading my message and sharing my journey.

What are a typical day’s meals for you? I eat six small meals a day.

What exercise, if any, do you do? I work out 5 days a week, cardio daily with 2 to 3 days of weight training after my cardio.

What was the most difficult for you while losing the weight? I broke my ankle slipping on black ice walking to my mail box. I broke my fibula and my tibia. It was horrible and took 9 months to heal fully. I did not let it stop me from losing weight. I was so determined I was able to reach my goal shortly after my ankle healed.

What helped you the most? Motivation within. God!

Jills Quote


Any tips for others trying to lose weight? Stay committed! Don't give up! Work hard. It did not take overnight to gain the weight; it will take some time to get it off. Be patient.

Jill has a website called Get Up & Get Moving that she runs with tons of tips and the story of her journey to help others change the way they are. She is also a health coach. You can also join her Facebook group.
Also you can say I have a facebook group if any one want's to join.



Inspired by Jill's story? Let her know in the comments below!


3 comments:

  1. Very impressed. I am going to have to step up my workout a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does not even look like the same lady. That's nothing short of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart has such a desire to lose this 50 hanging pounds on my body. I am inspired and ready. Wonderful motivation for the new year.

    ReplyDelete