Thursday 30 September 2010

Super Slimmer Morgaen Lost An Incredible 86 1/2 Pounds!

I'm excited about sharing another terrific weight loss story with you from another person who has done it through Slimming World! I lost my 140 pounds through following the Slimming World plan, so I find it extra special to share about others who have lost their excess weight the same way. Morgaen is one of my Facebook friends who has kindly offered to share her story here.

Morgaen Before & After


Name: Morgaen Warner

Age: 31

Starting weight: 243 lbs. (17 st 5 lbs.)

Ending weight/current weight: 156.5 lbs. (11 st 2 1/2 lbs.)

Amount of weight lost: 86.5 lbs. (6 st 2 1/2 lbs.)

Time it took to reach: 20 months so far, still losing.

Goal weight: Not sure yet, I'll stop when I feel the time is right.

About yourself (i.e. occupation, kids?, married?, interests, hobbies, etc): I am a full time carer, married to Rohan (28) and we have 3 lovely kids Daniel (9), Logan (7) & Tanya (5). We live in Brighton and when I'm not dealing with the kids or the housework, I'm either reading, gaming or spending time with Rohan and the kids. Except when they're in school, which gives Rohan and I time together. Rohan has bi-polar disorder and I'm his carer.

How did you go about losing the weight? Was there any specific plan? After trying every other diet since I was about 7 years old, I finally discoverd Slimming World in January 2009. Once I got my head around being allowed to eat and not starve, it was reasonably easy going.

Morgaen Quote


What motivated you to lose the weight? What were your reasons for wanting to lose it? Did you have a particular moment that gave you the final push to start or was it more gradual? I always had weight issues since childhood. I don't remember ever not being on some form of diet, but I think the final straw was not being able to walk 5 minutes to get my kids to school without being in extreme pain.

What struggles and problems did you endure while at your heaviest weight? What, if any, health problems were present? I couldn't breathe properly, was always too hot, had severe panic attacks if leaving the house or seeing anyone, my back and knees were in agony, and I hated everything about myself. My depression and agoraphobia were really bad at the time. They've lessened now, but the depression is due to chemical imbalances and psychosis, so it will never go away completely.

How has your life changed since losing the weight? How have you changed? Do you feel like your overall health has improved? Yes, my health has improved. I can take the kids to school and go shopping, etc. without having intense panic attacks or being in a lot of pain. I'm not ill as often as I used to be. My immune system used to be really low, but all the fruit and vegetables I eat now have helped that.

Have the people in your life been supportive of you on your weight loss journey? Have there been any challenges created by others in your life? My husband and children have been absolutely fantastic. Rohan prepares and cooks all of the meals, and we all eat the same dinners. I just have to plan everything and tell him what to cook. There have been many challenges; some people are not as supportive as others, but I've worked around those and I think I'm doing alright so far.

What are a typical day’s meals for you?
Breakfast is usually 28g Muesli with fruit and fat free yoghurt. I sometimes have a cooked breakfast if time allows.
Lunches are either salads, soups, or mugshots depending what day I'm on.
Dinners are very varied; we enjoy many cuisines, such as Indian, Chinese, Thai, Cajun, Mexican, Soul food, and we also enjoy stews, pies, bolognese, lasagne, burgers, etc. It's all converted to Slimming World-friendly by Rohan.

What exercise, if any, do you do? I walk everywhere possible, and I use the Wii Fit Plus at home. I did go to the gym 3x per week but got bored with that. I am starting Spin Classes on 1st October. I need to increase my "body magic" now that I'm getting closer to target.

What was the most difficult for you while losing the weight? It was hard convincing certain people that it was the right thing to do for me. I was told, "You are what you are and can't change it," and it is not what I wanted to hear all the time. I learned that I can change it if I really want to. And I am very glad that I did.

Morgaen Quote1


What helped you the most?
The support from my husband and Slimming World friends from Group and those I've recently found on Facebook. (Yes Facebook actually has a use - I was shocked to find out.)

Any tips for others trying to lose weight? If you really want it, go for it! Don't let anyone stand in your way. It's not easy, but when was anything worth having easy?

Morgaen Quote2


Morgaen has not yet reached her target weight, but I have no doubt that she will reach it! She has already taken great strides in becoming healthier and in losing a large amount of weight. If Morgaen's story has inspired and impressed you, please take a moment to let her know in the comments below.



1 comment:

  1. You are just so amazing, I only hope I can match your loss xx

    ReplyDelete